The Technical Designer for our Intimates categories works on developing products from initial design/proto to TOP approval, collaborates with cross-functional partners to ensure appropriate fit and functional intent as well as with our manufacturing partners to obtain clear direction and consensus on design, construction and overall fit of the garment. This person will report to the Department head and be in all fit sessions to help achieve desired look/feel/ fit and communicate fit corrections to our manufacturing partners and internal cross- functional teams.
- Work with Head of Design/Tech Design to develop new lines.
- Determine compliance of specs, construction, quality and fit intent
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of design, merchandising, product development and production priorities
- Attend all fit sessions and provide fit comments and approvals to all Manufacturers.
- Ensure overall fit consistency
- Work to our T/A calendar
- Create, edit, update tech packs in excel
- Create garment flats in adobe illustrator
- Achieved consistency in fit through development of patterns, blocks, grading and construction standards.
- Run/Assist product wear testing throughout development and production stages
- Be proactive and troubleshoot /resolve; fit, finish, production or quality issues that may need an “out of the box solution”
- Recommend material components for innovative designs
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Technical Design- significant experience with fabric and garment construction and manufacturing processes (minimum of 5 years). Preferable experience in Intimates or Active category
- Previous experience in shapewear, lingerie, or swimwear.
- Work with and provide visibility to cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook, Excel, Adobe Illustrator CS and Adobe Photoshop CS.
- Familiar with stretch fabrics, tech pack creation, grading and garment construction.
- A plus if familiar with bonded garment.
- Can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com