We are looking for an experienced Demand Planner to join our team.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
We’re three sisters on a mission to empower all women to look and feel their absolute best.
In 2005, after our middle sister was discouraged by a comment someone made about her postpartum body, we were determined to find a solution to post-pregnancy body blues. Fast-forward a few years, and we have created a powerhouse business centered around our namesake belly wrap, the Belly Bandit®. We have a history of disrupting and revolutionizing the market, and bringing our heads together to create products that make women’s lives better through support and empowerment. Yes, we’ve accomplished a lot, but we’re just getting started!
Now, we want to push our mission even further.
That is why Proof® was created, a line of meticulously designed and expertly constructed products that empower women to live life worry-free. We’re committed to creating products that — like your bestie or sister would — always have your back (and booty).
Being a part of the team as the Demand Planner comes with great responsibilities. It’s more than just ensuring production is given the demand orders to achieve financial plans for all channels (Retail, Ecommerce, Wholesale). It’s about being a part of a mission and vision. As our Demand Planner, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
The Work You’ll do:
- Create sales, margin, and inventory plans by brand, account, collection, style, and SKU.
- Analyze and report on previous quarter results; identify “missed sales” and growth drivers over prior year.
- Prepare sales, margin and inventory forecast and lead team in monthly OTB forecast meetings for current year; provide sales trend opportunity for future quarters, validate stock-to-sales relationships, maximize receipt flow to improve turn, and suggest pricing strategies to drive profitability.
- Recommend style count, cc count, and flow of goods by account for optimal results.
- Provide daily and weekly updates on business as it relates to the last forecast, identifying trends, and highlighting selling that exceeds or falls short of expectation.
- Initiate conversations with cross functional partners regarding potential risk or opportunities and suggested changes to course of action for both current and future quarters.
- Generate all Premium purchase orders and partner with Production and Operations Teams to ensure timely arrival of goods.
- Create SKUs and barcodes
- Collaborate with Product Development, Design, Marketing, and Finance Teams on assortment plans to align with sales and inventory strategies.
- Play an active role in creating, updating, and enhancing tools and processes that support the planning and buying function.
What are the requirements?
- 3 – 4+ years recent experience in a large-scale retail environment, allocating apparel, accessories or fashion-based products
- Must be self-directed, able to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Experience with Sales and Operations Planning Process as a team member or facilitator
- Ability to understand organizations strategic direction and execute tactically
- Analytically strong; with the ability to look at numbers and draw conclusions about actions to be taken
- Computer Proficiency including spreadsheets such as Excel and Oracle 11i ASCP, MRP, inventory and purchasing modules
- MBA or advanced degree in Supply Chain or related field
- Capable of operating in a fast paced, dynamic and evolving environment
- Certification in production and inventory management (CPIM) or Six Sigma is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Excels in effective time management and able to work effectively in a team environment
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org