Accounts Receivable Claims Analyst
The AR Claims & Deductions role is primarily responsible for researching customer deductions and claims, obtaining backup, and disputing and escalating as needed. This role will assist with the tracking, research, reconciliation, dispute, and follow-up of payment claims, deductions, and short payments that remain open in the AR ledger. The AR Claims Analyst will interact frequently with the Operations and Sales teams to manage day-to-day payment claim disputes and escalate overdue claims. This role will help investigate and gather evidence to support the day-to-day claim disputes that arise from deductions taken on customer payments.
To be successful in this role, the Claims Analyst must be able to effectively build and leverage relationships, both internally and with external partners, to resolve outstanding claims and deductions. Successful candidates should have strong Excel skills, a persistent attitude, and strong organization and follow-up.
- 3+ years of AR Credit/Collections, including claims experience (consumer goods industry preferred).
- Claim management experience is preferred (handling customer deductions, chargebacks, and short payments).
- History of working with large customers and processes.
- Experience with Amazon, Target, and Walmart.
- Knowledge and strength in data analysis, manipulation, and reconciliation between different information sources to ensure claims data is understood and actioned promptly.
- Experience and strength in Microsoft Excel (lookups, pivot tables, formatting, etc.)
- Experience working within customer/vendor portals.
- Apparel Magic experience preferred (but not required).
- QuickBooks experience required.
- Ability to learn quickly in a technology-heavy, autonomous, and fast-paced environment is essential.
- Proficient in running accounts receivable aging reports, resolving past dues, and monitoring customer account details for non-payment, chargebacks, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Work with the accounting team for the month-end close.
- Aptitude to post payments into an ERP system and QuickBooks.
The ideal candidate is:
- Adept at data analysis and manipulation (Microsoft Excel particularly)
- Organized and able to escalate issues independently and track resolutions
- Efficient and great with time management
- Tenacious, strong-willed, and persistent
- A problem solver with strong analytical abilities
- Good at following instructions and has an unwavering attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com